Friday, March 19, 2010

March of Dimes

Hey Y'all!

I hope you all are starting your weekends already! Or better yet, I hope you are reading this on Monday, after you had a fabulous weekend.

Unfortunately for me, this is the weekend that I work, so tonight I am here (at work...was that obvious or not? I couldn't tell :) ) until 9 and then back in at 8 in the morning. I am slightly jealous that when I was off last weekend there were torrential downpours. Such is life, I guess and now that spring is here I am sure there are many more beautful weekends to come, so no worries.

I will be updating more later on with an award given to me by the lovely Erin at The Bailey Family and some super sweet new pictures of Gems, but for now, I am here to ask you for your money.

Seriously.

I have decided to participate in the March of Dimes for the first time. To be honest, I was never really sure what the March of Dimes was about but both being a new mom and a new blogger has opened my eyes and my heart to the the cause of prematurity and healthy babies. I can't find the words to express all of the things I wish for mothers of premature healthy babies. Participating in this walk to me is my own small way of acting on how I feel, when words (or at least, my less than articulate ones) will not suffice.

Back to the asking you for money thing! If you look on the left side of this page, right under the about me, I have a widget, where you can donate money for me to walk. I am setting my sights fairly low, at a number I feel comfortable matching, if I do not raise anything at all and even the smallest donation helps. If you can't donate, I obviously completely understand, and thank you for reading this anyway!  It definitely feels strange asking y'all for money (my backspace got a work out with this one), but I figured it never hurts to ask.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend (or Monday) and if you have it to give, please donate money.

For the babies. =)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Kacie for participating in the MoD walk! I will see what I can give next week.

    ReplyDelete