Thursday, March 18, 2010

Drama Queen

I must confess,yesterday, I was being a bit of a drama queen.

I have been sick the past few days, and yesterday it kind of peaked. My ear hurt, my head hurt, my face hurt. I was hungry and stuck at work and missing my baby.

I was drained and grumpy, but I was also thinking about how much of what I write is negative and how altogether, I do not feel negative about my life, but still I wanted to post something...

(addicted to blogging much?)

But nothing nice was coming to mind. So I took some sage advice from my good ol' friend Thumper.

Honestly, I think I was only down in that moment. Well, in those last few hours at work, but in general, life is good.

I have started going to the gym. And by started, I mean I have been 4 times since I joined on the first of this month, but today was my second day in a row. I was waiting to go until I met with the trainer because me in a gym is like...a Preacher in a bar. A cow in a pickup truck. Bill Gates in Target.

A totally unnatural fit.

So after my perky trainer Vivianne (who is a grandmother and about a billion times fitter than I) showed me the ropes, I feel a so much better about going...I am crossing my fingers, so far (all two days) I feel great!

I am happy about the sunshine. I am happy my dad is returning from his business trip. I am happy about the full length mirror I bought today...

I am happy about a lot of things.

I have been saying for a long time that I am going to think more positively, so here's to that, and I am (optimistically) thinking I really will start doing it.

END POST

If you read my post on Tuesday, I said I was gonna write out what I eat each day, as a tool of accountability for myself. If you are interested, of course, read ahead! If not...enjoy your evening =)

Wednesday 3/17 (Food was not consumed in this order)
Thursday 3/18 (as of  6 p.m.)
  • 1 Glass of Chocolate Milk
  • 2 Glasses of Water
  • 1 Grocery Store Salad Bar Salad
  • 1 Small Bowl of Rice Pudding
  • 2 Fun Size Butterfingers and 1 Small Reese Cup

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better!

    How much does it cost to get a trainer? I think that is great because I sure do need one myself.

    Girl, I gotta go...Zakiah is sucking on my thigh. Guess that means I need to get my behind up and start working out again...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thursday doesn't seem very healthy!

    ReplyDelete