- Thank you for teaching me that it is possible to survive with only 2 bras, 2 pairs of pants, 3 t-shirts, 5 pairs of underwear and a pair of flip flops as my ENTIRE WARDROBE. I had been meaning to simplify my life (including my wardrobe) and as my body grew and grew and grew it became a good enough reason to give up on outward appearance and focus only on maintaining a level of decency that still allows me entry into the grocery store (shirt-check, shoes-check). Who needs style, comfort, or self confidence anyway?
- Thank you for helping me reduce my usage of cell phone minutes. I really was wasting a lot of minutes on the social life I used to have. I can't believe I used to have things to say when people called! Now that the most I have to update on is my latest doctor's appointment and this really cool sleeper I found on clearance my phone rings a lot less... You should see all of my roll-over minutes!
- Thank you for encouraging me to get up from here and make myself a second fried Spam sandwich at 1 o'clock in the morning instead of persisting with my current, self indulgent, unoriginally formatted rant on pregnancy...
Friday, July 31, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
I am officially ONE MONTH away from my due date.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
How far along?: 34 weeks
Total weight gain: Somewhere between 20-25 pounds
How big is baby?: Baby center says 4 and 3/4 or the size of a cantelope.
Maternity clothes?: My medium sized pre-preg baggy t-shirts officially no longer fit! They cling to my tummy and then hang straight down at the bottom. Not a good look. I bought a new shirt for the baby shower and another extra large juniors t-shirt. I might need another pair of pants soon, but I have been holding out.
Stretch marks?: Yes! On the left side of my belly, below where the belly button is. There is a strip of them. Could be worse but definitely could be better.
Sleep?: Not the best. I am up about 3 times a night. Sometimes I wake up and can't get back to sleep. It's tough.
Best moment this week?: Seeing everyone for my baby shower. Specifically, when my friends got really excited and took pictures sitting on the riding lawn mower because they hadn't really seen one before! They thought sitting on the "tractor" was really funny and were doing silly poses and such.
Movement?: I actually had to be monitored once this week because she had a really lazy 3 days! Since then she has been moving quite a bit though.
- Food cravings?: None really. The heartburn is so bad it makes me not want to eat!
- Labor signs?: None really.
Belly button in or out?: Kind of...flat.
What I miss: Good sleep. Normal Dreams. Sitting up without groaning!
- What I'm looking forward to: Possible another (final!) ultrasound at my appointment this Wednesday. Finally getting her room together and making a space for her in my life.
- Milestone: The Baby Shower!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Sunday, July 12, 2009
- Worst. Doctors. Appointment. Ever. this Wednesday. Stupid internal exam SUCKED and they told me the fluid surrounding the baby is low. The doctor didn't seem too concerned but google has freaked me out so now I am going to demand that they at least look into the situation a little more closely. Find out how low is low and make sure baby looks perfect, stuff like that. Is this crazy? She says she isn't concerned because the baby is still growing, but do we wait until she stops growing to worry? Also, fluid levels can effect development of certain organs, to little can lead to cord compression, etc. I can't just trust her without a little more investigation/reassurance. I already have such a hard time feeling baby's movements and it makes me more nervous that something could go wrong.
- My thoughts are still a little dark but I have been doing a lot better than I was.
- I am rethinking law school because I am worried I won't be able to get a job to pay back all of the loans...and I am not really positive I want to be a lawyer. I don't know what else I would do though and sadly enough a huge reason I am considering keeping with law school (as opposed to another form of grad school) is that I already have lsac submitted recommendation letters (I wouldn't have to scramble for more.)
- My insurance is being a PAIN.
- Our kittens are currently huge sources of entertainment...We watch them forever at a time.
- I finally finished reading the book about little people. It wasn't what I wanted it to be but it was okay. Now I am reading The Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan which is a random choice but it was really cheap at a book sale and I like Amy Tan so I went for it. Since I have been home it feels like I can't really get into books the way I used to. I read like 15 pages and I am tired. I have NEVER been like this. I used to be the kind of person who could lay in bed and read for HOURS.
- I miss boys. I really want a boy that is my boy. I have never had a serious relationship before (and I am pregnant...does that even make sense) but now I crave the stability. The random boys thing obviously hasn't worked out. Unfortunately I have a feeling it will be quite a while before I can even think about dating...
- My baby shower is in less than a week. About 7 of my friends say they are coming and I am hoping at least most of them show because I am afraid I will be crushed if they don't. (There is also family and family friends but these are friends from college, from my old life, that I am really hoping to get to see.) It is amazing what a source of anxiety baby showers can become.
- As of yesterday I am 33 weeks pregnant. Yikes. Supposedly the baby is putting on 5-9 oz every single week from this point on and is about 4 pounds already. I can't believe it. It's like...a baby now or something!
- Entourage started tonight! It is actually on as I type...But I forgot when exactly it was premeiring so now I have to wait to watch it.