Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy 7 Months (and 3 Days) Gemma!

Her Day Look


Her Evening Look

My sweet cheeks, look at you!

You are 7 months old, can you believe it?

March has been a great month. I am not sure that there is anything that stands out for me, but I do think that we really have settled in to our new routine (with me working) quite nicely.

You are such a happy natured baby. We get stopped in stores by people asking is she always this happy? My heart swells with pride as I tell them yes. Of course, that is a lie, you have your moments too, but why spoil the illusion. And most of the time, you are that happy.

You have tried all kinds of new foods this month . I think we have successfully conquered the entire shelf of single item fruit and veggie purees. Your favorites are clearly squash and sweet potato and you really seemed to like prunes as well. You eat pretty well for me, but you eat better for your Great Great Grandmother who is much more patient than I am, and you also eat better for your sitter who I think gives you a little more than fruit and veggie purees (ay yi yi!)

You are becoming more and more mobile this month, and showing signs of wanting to crawl. For the longest time, I wasn't sure you were interested in moving. Maybe you were not then, but you are interested now. You are not quite crawling yet, and for that I am very thankful.

You also are sitting up some. Each day you seem to be sitting stronger and longer and I can tell you really enjoy seeing the world from this perspective. I don't blame you, I bet the ceiling gets old pretty fast.

Your little toofers (did I really just type that?) teeth have popped through. They haven't completely emerged but you can see them well...I have yet to catch their toothy-ness on camera.

You had your 6 month appoinment in March and you weighed 16 pounds and 5 ounces (or was it half an ounce? I don't completely remember!) and you were 27.77 inches long. Tall and skinny(-ish). You wear 6-9 month clothing and size 3 diapers.

Your hair is growing. I got a few less comments on having a bald baby this month. Thank goodness. I thought I was going to have to smack someone.

Your eyes are still mostly brown with a little blue.

Each month I spend with you makes me more excited for the next.

I love you chicken nugget,
Mama





4 comments:

  1. I can't believe our babies are 7 months old. I simply can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! You're making me want to be a mommy right now, my hubby is not going to be happy with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete