Monday, August 30, 2010

8/30/2010

I went to the Sheriff's office this morning, to make sure I had Gemma's car seat installed properly (rear-facing of course). Next, it was time for Gemma's well-baby visit (18 pounds, 9 ounces and 29.65" long.) She fell asleep while we waited in the office for two hours and then awoke to being poked, prodded and eventually receiving 3 shots in her sweet little baby thighs.

Lovely.

They also wanted to have her blood drawn today. That would have been another office, another wait, and another jab in the sweet little baby thighs (or arm maybe?)  Mama bear stepped in and said it ain't happenin'...today at least...and we were left for home, with only one thing on our minds.

(a nap)

We got home around 1 and I fell asleep right with her. We woke at 4, and scrambled so that I could  make it to work on time.

Crap.

I forgot my camera. So pictures of the birthday girl and her birthday bash will have to wait. (Fair warning, there aren't many. Turns out just throwing the birthday bash is a total time suck that interupts picture taking opportunities.)

So tomorrow hopefully, I will tell you about my one year old.

Today, we took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment