Thursday, August 26, 2010

1

In a little less than an hour, it will be my Gemma's birthday.

In a little less than 16 hours, she will have been here for a whole year.

There are so many things that I could write about today.

How much she's grown. How much I have grown. How much I love her. How fast it has all gone. How excited I am for things to come.

To be honest, you've probably read that post before...am I right?

I could show you her month to month pictures, but you can go back through my archives and look for yourself.

Yep, I'm lazy.

I could tell you the birth story that I never posted.

But I have forgotten.

(except, I haven't forgotten the nurse who said I looked like Ugly Betty "but not ugly," or the pain of an epidural that DID NOT WORK.)

And you don't want to hear about my cervix anyway right?

If you do, I reserve the right to judge you...creep.

I could tell you about my plans for today.

I think today is going to be a day spent with hugs and kisses, last minute party preparations, and maybe an ice cream cone.

But there isn't too much else to say about a day that hasn't happened yet.

Okay...

So maybe I will tell you that I love her.

A lot.

And here is just one picture.


The first time I touched my Gemma.

And now...

she's 1.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Gemma! I've been thinking about you guys all week (and kicking myself for all the crap I REALLY REALLY need to get done which includes mailing your package. :( ) because Gemma shares her birthday with my little brother.

    I hope you guy have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Gemma! I was so emotional when Spencer turned one, so I know how you're feeling. I wish I had blogged then. I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow!

    Did you get the email with the good news? If not, let me know and I will tell you the good news myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Gemma! And many, many congratulations to her Mama! Here's to a wonderful second year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Gemma! Oh - that first birthday is so overwhelming! I'm starting prep for my oldest's SECOND birthday. I think I may cry. Enjoy the day - she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never get tired of the birthday posts. Truly. Happy Birthday, Little Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shivers... that picture gives me shivers... the good kind... that is the photo that reminds all of us moms of the moment we first touched our newborn babies.....that very moment when life as we all knew it would disappear forever... and that we would in that instant become better people for having met these perfect little beings : ) Happy Birthday Gemma... you are blessed to have a wonderful mommy who loves you with her whole heart : )

    ReplyDelete