So maybe she is 7 weeks and 1 day old but whose counting? Anyway, this post isn't (entirely) Gemma-centric, I just wanted to get some random stuff floating in my head down before it is lost forever :)
- Where on earth can you find a mini-witch hat? I was on a message board and they were talking about taking a picture of your baby in a hollowed out pumpkin. I think it is a (cheesy) cute idea and thought it would be even cuter if I could find a witch hat for her but I was looking around today and couldn't find one anywhere...
- I LOVE my sorority sisters. I opened my mailbox on Tuesday to find that they had sent me a bunch of handmade cards just to let me know they loved me and missed me. It is nice to be reminded that I DO have friends (really amazing special ones at that!)...even if I am so lonely here.
- Sometimes even people you don't know can be so kind. An ex-coworker of my dad's sent Gigi a super cute hand knitted sweater. It is really pretty and I will post a picture as soon as I get around to taking one! The mailbox has been kinda nice to me this week.
- My dad is away for the weekend so my sister came home from college to stay with me. We have kind of been at odds a little lately (typical sister stuff, nothing too intense) but since last night when she got here it has been so far so good. I like when she is here because I get an extra set of hands to help out... It is nice to not be COMPLETELY on my own.
- I am really starting to understand why it takes two people to make a baby! It takes two people to take care of a baby! I always feel like my hands are so full with this little one. I sometimes wish that I could just pass her off to someone else for 5 minutes. I realize if I had a husband I might be able to do this sometimes and when thinking about that really gets me down I just remember that even some people with husbands don't have support. (In which case I am better off in my position.)
- I think Gemma might have issues with Mylicon. I tried giving it to her to relieve her gas and the two nights I gave it to her she screamed bloody murder. I didn't give it to her last night and she was somewhat back to normal. I didn't even know Mylicon could bother a baby!
- Speaking of screaming bloody murder... Tub bath #2 didn't go nearly as well as the first one did!