Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Storms and Sniffles

Gemma and I are officially snowed in. This is what my car looked like as of 4 o'clock yesterday...and it snowed for another FIVE HOURS after this.



I am not sure if you can tell from this picture, but the Jeep is parked sort of sideways on a hill. Altogether I think we got right around 2 feet. That is a whole lotta snow. Here are a couple of pictures taken close to my house (I couldn't go far!)









I wanted to get a few pictures of Gemma in the snow but it was still falling and I was kind of scared! Maybe I will try today. I want to document Gem's first snowstorm. Well, it snowed on the day I took my LSAT but since mommy wasn't there it doesn't count =)

Another source of my hesitation is that Gemma is battling her first bout of the sniffles. Nothing major (or at least I don't think) but I still feel bad. I think we have the same thing and to be honest it is more irritating than debilitating. Hopefully we will be able to get out to make it to her doctor's appointment tomorrow.

I am going a little stir crazy in the house...I have been a Facebook-ing Fool and haven't had the motivation to do much else.

I might just have to get up and do it!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I would have much rather snowed in than be caught driving 10 miles per hour in it. It took us literally what should have been a 3.5 hour home to SC about 6 hours. It was a mess on the highways. Cars sliding off to the side of the roads, ice everywhere, and a very upset baby in the back seat. Driving to NJ was a little more pleasant than this trip to SC. Hopefully it won't be near as bad going back to NC next week.

    I hope Gemma gets over the sniffles soon. Just nurse her as much as you can and give her lots of warm cuddles. Praying for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy geez! Come join us in Texas, where it's 75 degrees today! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris-I am so glad you made it safely and I will pray for good weather on your way home.

    And 75 degrees! All I can say is JEA-LOUS!

    ReplyDelete