Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two Days Until Baby...Turns One (and she's a precious jewel)



This week, we are celebrating all things Gemma.
(Yes, I realize it's already Wednesday and I am behind on life. Shhhh!)

I have already told you about how I chose Gemma's name. So often, when I tell people her name they will say, "Oh, that's different." Well I thought I would create a post to show those people, its not!

 (Maybe in the future I will direct them to this blog post.)

A Parade of Gemmas
(In honor of my Gemma)



Gemma Ward
Australian Model



Alpha Coronae Borealis-Also Known by Traditional Name Gemma
A binary star in the constellation Corona Borealis. It is located about 75 light years from the Solar System.


Gemma Frisius
A physician, mathematician, cartographer, a somewhat confused philosopher and instrument maker.


A Gemma
parentIn botany, a Gemma is a single cell, or mass of cells, or a modified bud of tissue  that detaches from the  and develops into a new individual.


Gemma Galgani
Italian Saint. Patronage includes students, pharmacists, tuberculosis patients, love, hope, and spinal injury.

Like I said, I am so not original.

Here's Catherine Bell with her daughter Gemma.


To be honest though...

there is only one Gemma for me.

She turns one in 2 days.


3 comments: