Monday, August 16, 2010

Me Me Me Monday (the third)

So, did you notice I avoided this last week?

Finding the me in single motherhood continues to prove difficult. Without a partner to defer to, I'm always "on." of course, all mothers experience that, but I think for us single moms it is harder.

I haven't gone to the gym. Haven't quit drinking soda. Haven't been watching what I eat.

I still believe that finding the time/energy/motivation to treat my body right is the first step that I need to take toward reclaiming myself. I'm not so sure what is blocking me. I have the resources I need, and I know that it is something I really want...

Maybe that is the key, is that I am not making what I want a priority. I am not sure that I even remember how to do that.

Any tips, suggestions?

Anyone want to tell me to just suck it up and do it?  (I have a feeling that that is what needs to happen.) Will this be the Monday that I get a firm grip on my bootstraps?

I'm optimistic.

I'm optimistic.

I'm optimistic.

3 comments:

  1. I really have no advice. it's gotta be super difficult to be a single mom. I play one part-time because my husband is working and in school for his masters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm only just starting to get a handle on this myself... we've been at this for almost the same amount of time! But I think it's probably much easier for me because I get alone time when Levi goes to his dad's house for an evening, or a day, or a weekend - whether I want him to or not. So at that point I'm forced to focus on me.

    The more you try, the easier it will get - eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beginning to think there's nothing to "get". You just swing it for as long as you can and ask for help when you can't.

    Keeping my toes crossed!

    ReplyDelete