Saturday, August 1, 2009

28 Days Until Baby

I am 36 Weeks Pregnant.

Only 4 weeks left until my due date...a maximum of 5 weeks until delivery.

Ahhh...

I made my last 2 purchases today (well, like 30 minutes ago at 2 a.m.) as far as desired baby gear go. Both purchases were found on clearance AND purchased with gift cards so I can be super proud of my thriftiness.

I found this diaper bag that was originally $63.00 for only $33.00. I paid almost $40.00 after taxes and S&H, which I probably would have decided was too much, but for some reason my 15% off of the bag (a current BRU promotion, which would have negated the cost of shipping) disappeared at checkout and since I had been thinking way too hard about the purchase I didn't realize that the discount was no longer applied until I was printing out the confirmation paper.

I am seriously considering calling Babies R Us tomorrow and trying to get refunded that $4.50 or however much it is. It is kind of extra thrifty (ahem, cheap), but I guess that is what being pregnant and jobless does to you!

Overall, I think I am pretty happy with the purchase (even though I will be happier if I get that refund!). I have been eyeing the Skip Hop diaper bags for a while and although this wasn't my first choice I think it is going to be a hell of a lot better than using the free diaper bag that they give you at the hospital which was my plan as I couldn't justify spending money on any of the bags that I saw at Target or Wal-Mart or in store at Babies R Us because I HATED them all.

My other big purchase was a baby sling!

I am really interested in baby wearing and I had originally wanted a Moby Wrap but I saw on Baby Cheapskate that this sling was on clearance at Wal-Mart for only $25, and since I money on gift cards (and honestly, because I thought it was cute) I decided I would try this sling out. From the research I have done it seems like carriers are just a matter of personal preference so I guess it can't hurt to try this one out.

It is still hard for me to believe that pretty soon all of this planning and preparing is going to be over and it is going to be living and enjoying instead. Crazy.

-28 Days Until Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment