Friday, July 31, 2009

30 & 29 Days Until Baby

As I am just finishing up my baby shower thank you cards (2 weeks after the shower! Is that too long?) I thought that I would channel my inner Oprah, continue with a thankful spirit, and make a list of all of things that I am thankful to my pregnancy for.

  • Thank you for teaching me that it is possible to survive with only 2 bras, 2 pairs of pants, 3 t-shirts, 5 pairs of underwear and a pair of flip flops as my ENTIRE WARDROBE. I had been meaning to simplify my life (including my wardrobe) and as my body grew and grew and grew it became a good enough reason to give up on outward appearance and focus only on maintaining a level of decency that still allows me entry into the grocery store (shirt-check, shoes-check). Who needs style, comfort, or self confidence anyway?
  • Thank you for helping me reduce my usage of cell phone minutes. I really was wasting a lot of minutes on the social life I used to have. I can't believe I used to have things to say when people called! Now that the most I have to update on is my latest doctor's appointment and this really cool sleeper I found on clearance my phone rings a lot less... You should see all of my roll-over minutes!
  • Thank you for encouraging me to get up from here and make myself a second fried Spam sandwich at 1 o'clock in the morning instead of persisting with my current, self indulgent, unoriginally formatted rant on pregnancy...
-29 Days Until Baby

P.S. Oh, and thanks for the Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment