Tuesday, June 23, 2009

68 & 67 Days Until Baby

I am so not great at this whole pregnancy blog thing.

Here I am, trying to record the memories, and I don't post the first day of CHILDBIRTH CLASSES!

I should be ashamed of myself.

Oh well, better late than never. Although I feel like it should be a pretty big deal it wasn't. I went to the class that my local hospital offers. Sister K went with me as a support person. We were arguing allll day yesterday...We spend way too much time together, but I still think it is sweet of her to just be there.

The first class seemed a little pointless, but I guess if I wasn't so obsessed with reading anything and everything about pregnancy it would have been informative. Instead, it felt a little redundant. They had us watch the infamous labor videos.

I had a few problems with this though.
  1. We had all just met each other. I think that it was a little uncomfortable to watch in the company of strangers.
  2. The instructor lady left after starting the video. Hello. What if we had questions?
  3. All of the ladies in the video were like 40.
  4. They were all also completely naked. I doubt I will be giving birth without clothes on...is that necessary?
  5. The video were like 20 years old. Or older. It literally could have been my birth we witnessed if my mom had been 20 years older and lacking shame when she gave birth for me. I think it made it more boring somehow.
Yesterday was also the day Jon and Kate announced their divorce. Not an entirely shocking event.

Today was such an off day. I woke up at 4:30 am and was thinking about death. Again. For some reason I have had a weird preoccupation with death the past few weeks. I think that is a bit deep for tonight's blog post but moral is I ended up staying up until 1 or so this afternoon and then crashing until 3:30 or so.

For some reason my entire day was thrown off because of this. I spent most of the day exhausted because I hadn't slept enough, then I slept, and then I was tired because I had just woken up. It is almost 9 p.m. and I have only felt human for a couple hours. Yuck...

Tonight I am making what is rumored to be the BEST EVER LEMONADE.

We'll see about that.

-67 Days Until Baby


2 comments:

  1. The death thing is normal. I just realize how fragile life is now. I never went to child birth class because my first scheduled one happened after I had my kiddo, over a month early.

    I really enjoy your blog, don't get discouraged, I think you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A month early! That's scary!
    And thanks...I really appreciate you listening (well reading I guess) :)

    ReplyDelete