Monday, February 21, 2011

Checking In

Hi Friends!

Today is a dreary day, but my spirits are actually starting to look up. I know I have been a bit of a drag off and on...well...all winter, but hey...we all get into ruts right? I am hoping the warming weather will encourage me to be a little more active again. It can be a bummer trapped inside the house with a 1.5 year old day. A cute bummer, but definitely a bummer.

Speaking of cute...Here she is in her cheese-tastic glory:



I got my new point and shoot this past Friday, and although I haven't gotten much of a chance to play with yet, I am pretty pleased! (It is a Canon S95, if you're wonderin')

The grad school application process is driving me absolutely nuts. First there was the hold up with my transcripts. I thought I had that all sorted out and I found out that 2 of my 3 recommenders didn't attach a letter with the form that they submitted. I am scrambling now. On top of that, I called records and registration today to verify that my transcripts had been sent and they hadn't. They promised me that it would go out today, but I sort of feel like it is a race against time at this point. This has certainly been a lesson learned in giving yourself plenty of time when applying for programs...I had wanted to have it together last November, but hey...I didn't. What can I do now but cross my fingers and move forward...

Oh, I started the South Beach Diet today! I weighed 143.8 when I weighed myself this morning. I don't think I am doing the diet the way you are supposed to exactly, but I hope it still helps. I did wake up at 5 a.m. and  eat two of the enormous chocolate covered strawberries in the refrigerator and then throw the rest out so I wouldn't be tempted. I justified this by telling myself that they didn't count because technically, I wasn't up for the day...I went back to sleep after that. The rest of the day I at pretty well. I don't feel hungry and I am only craving carbs a teeny bit. We will see how it goes. I found out that the Girl Scout cookies I ordered forever ago will be here tomorrow. Go figure.

So, as I write this I am keeping on keeping on. Regardless of how things work out, I won't be in this same place next year. I won't let myself. I can't let myself.

I'm slowly emerging from my new mom cocoon, and now it is time to really try and figure out how to make my own path.

With her of course.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Spring will be here soon- that always helps me :) Good luck with grad school- they will be lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that same dragging feeling some days. Congrats on beginning the Grad School journey, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You should get your package tomorrow too! :o) Happy dance!

    ReplyDelete