Monday, February 8, 2010

I Totally Might Get Fired...

Already?

Yes, already. My foray into working motherhood may be over as quickly as it started.

Damn snow.

I work evenings (as I have mentioned) so by the time I realized that I was not going to be able to make it in to work because of the bad weather all of the bosses of the facility had gone home. I had known earlier in the day that I would not be able to drive in myself because our roads are literally still covered in ice that is 2 inches thick, so I had arranged to have my dad (yes, I am a baby) come pick me up for work but he ended up being super late because of a bunch of accidents on the highway so I tried to call in and Lord knows who I even talked to...

Plus, we are supposed to get another 10-20 inches of snow tomorrow so I probably won't be able to make it in then either. I am kind of nervous that they are going to get super mad at me but really, can I be expected to drive in that?

This is my first job in a long time and I don't want to mess it up. More importantly thought, I wouldn't wanna do anything to mess HER up.


Maybe that isn't the best representation of her preciousness. Let me try again.


                                                 

She is totally worth more than some silly job. I just really hope I can keep both.

1 comment:

  1. I just went through my first working mommy experience, too. It lasted less than a month. I LOVED my job, but working full time and going to school at night left me no time to spend with my babybear. I decided he was more important for now and I quit...

    I'm sure your bosses will understand the weather conditions and I hope your first working mommy experience works out better than mine!

    ReplyDelete