Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy (Belated) 2 Months Gemma!



Yesterday, Gemma turned 2 months old. I kept meaning to post yesterday but time just got ahead of me I guess :)

So Gemma at 2 months...

You already sleep like a teenager (sort of), your usual bedtime is somewhere between 12 a.m. and 1 p.m. Most mornings we are up and at 'em about 8 a.m. (so maybe you are not like a teenager at all!) Usually I rock you to sleep and then place you in your crib (a habit I am now told we will have to wait a couple of months to break!) and you sleep most of the night there. Around 4 a.m. or 5 a.m. I bring you into bed with me... You snack just a little and drift back to sleep. Like I said, most mornings you are up at 7 a.m. or 8 a.m. but sometimes you will wake for a bit and then sleep until 10 a.m. (Mama likes those mornings!)

You still prefer my arms for naps, although I can sometimes put you in the bassinet while you are sleeping and you will nap for 30-45 minutes more (often, you pop right back up though!) I have gotten better about telling when you are sleepy so you are definitely napping more.

You still don't like the swing. Or the bouncy seat. Or the play mat. There are a lot of things you don't like.

But you DO like mobiles. Especially the one hanging above your crib. You love when someone gets right in your face and talks to you. You enjoy the bath and only fuss when I take you out. My laugh makes you smile.

You are still a tiny little thing. You are 23.49 inches long and weight 10 pound 7.9 ounces. It sounds like an awful lot to me but you are on the small side for your age. You comfortably fit into most 0-3 month clothes but some of your newborn onesies still fit. Your diapers are still size 1.

I am happy to report your hair is still spiking. Also, your eyes are still bluish gray although I am still betting they will turn brown.

You have really outgrown the newborn stage this month. You are so engaged with the world around you compared to last month. I love the fact that when I hold you, you cling to my shoulder like a koala bear. My koala bear :) (Speaking of which, we still haven't found a nickname that has stuck!)

Love you boo!

Here are a few of our "outtakes" from this month's photo shoot:
















4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so adorable! It looks like she cooperated much better for this round of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She was much more cooperative. Plus, I think it got easier when I just decided to let her lay on her back instead of propping her up :)

    I think my photo taking ability might show some month to month growth too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the photo shoots are going well now! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo shoot! Wait until next month's shoot. They will only get better!

    I might have to do the fourth month shoot at home because it is way over due by a week today and I don't see us getting out to a pro studio to get it done anytime soon...

    ReplyDelete