sometimes they taste good.
This recipe is one of those recipes that relies on cans of Lord knows what, but the finished product tastes reallly good. The flavors aren't complex, but it is honest to goodness stick-to-your-ribs comfort food. This recipe is perfect for a weekday dinner that is as easy as it is yummy.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
(Picture and Recipe via AllRecipes.com)
Just a few notes...
- I skipped the butter in mine, and I didn't miss it!
- The first time I cooked it I added frozen mixed veggies and a can of new potatoes. This tasted more like pot pie, but it was good too. Feel free to add any veggies that you like.
- Add your chicken frozen! It helps save you a step and supposedly helps the chicken retain its juiciness.
- You can sub the 2-10 ounce cans of biscuits for a large 16 ounce can of biscuits...you will still have plenty of dumplings.
- There are lots of variations that could be made to this basic recipe. Try it the "right" way the first time and then play around with it. Sometimes things are best when left alone!